Liebster Award 2017 Nomination
How crazy is that??? I am in the middle of preparation works for my next Newsletter and suddenly, I received a message from Sara from “Now viewing the world”, that she nominated me for the Liebster Award 2017. Her blog is also travel related with a lot of great tips for weekend trips, travel tips and a lot more. Go and check it out!
The nomination is such a surprise and I feel honored and excited that another blogger recognized my tiny little blog. It means a lot to me as the award is a big opportunity for new bloggers like me, to be discovered, to connect and to get there name out there. Therefore, THANK YOU very much, Sara!!!
Along with the nomination for the Liebster award, a couple of rules, which needs to be followed if you choose to accept the nomination. Find the official rules here.
One of the rules is to write a blog post about the award and the nomination. Another one is to write about your favorite blog. Well, I have a few blogs which I like and follow. One of them is “Anna loves life”. Her writings are a mixture of travel and fashion. But which I like the most is her photo challenge. She collects photos and experiences from other bloggers and showcases their stories on her blog, Instagram, and twitter etc. Although it is a nice opportunity to get a backlink to your page, which interests me the most is to see and read about experiences of so many different people. I love this idea and I already found new interesting blogs to read and which inspires me.
10 facts about myself
With the nomination for the Liebster Award 2017, I am also challenged to include 10 facts about myself: Well, here they come:
- My top three of favorite cities in the world are Dublin (Ireland), Philadelphia (Pennsylvania), and Seattle (Washington).
- I was born in the GDR.
- My dream for later is to have a “summer” house on Eleuthera, The Island of the Bahamas.
- I am a huge Wrestling fan (Been to five Wrestlemanias so far and the next one is in the planning already :-D)
- Traveling and writing are my passions and I use every single free minute for it.
- From time to time I love to enjoy some “me-time”. A perfect date with myself on a Friday night means a couch, chocolate, wine and some crime series (especially, when I had a hard and busy work week). Unless I am on vacation, then I love to have a cold beer or drink in a bar and talk to a stranger who soon becomes a new friend, at least for the night.
- I love to collect travel guide books and use them to collect memories like maps, tickets, receipts etc. from my travels.
- If I had to choose which superhero I would like to be, I would be Firestar. She was always my favorite of them all.
- The most extreme thing I have ever done is jumping out of a plane to do some skydiving.
- I am not a shopping fan, especially, shoes. Shopping shoes is hell!
Questions for my nominees
- Are there people who inspire you and who inspires you the most?
- If you could start from the beginning what would you do differently?
- If you could change a thing in this world what would it be and why?
- Beach or mountains?
- Any advice for other bloggers or newbies?
And the nominees are
And last but not least, I nominate 5 more bloggers to for the Liebster award 2017!
- Kathrin is the brain behind Wellness Nomads. On her blog, she writes about health, wellness, well-being, work-life balance, personal growth and a mindful lifestyle. I like the interview section where she has the opportunity to interview and introduce a lot of inspiring people like digital nomads and entrepreneurs. She also gives tips to slow down or how to overcome procrastination. Everything for a productive but well-balanced life.
- Ozeankind is the blog of Micha (an old friend of mine) and Marina. It´s not a random travel blog. They want to be an active part in the fight against pollution and want to protect wildlife. They currently prepare themselves to leave their home and travel the world and to places where their help is needed.
- Discovering Legacies is a travel blog from Jennifer. The first time she traveled was during an exchange program in high school. After graduating high school she moved to L.A., California. In 2016 she launched her travel blog and has been living from that ever since. I still love her post 63 Thought I had after I moved from Germany to the US. I had tears in my eyes because I couldn’t stop laughing.
- Catherine Luker is more a virtual assistant at Luker VA.com. But she also features a blog on her website. I know her from a VA-challenge earlier this year and she is right about starting out as a virtual assistant. In her blog, she writes about her story, thoughts, and decisions she made on her way becoming a virtual assistant and digital nomads. I love to follow her and her way to freedom.
- And last but not least… Hannah Dixon´s Vlog. Not sure if this counts as it is not a blog only but with a lot of videos. Hannah is one of the main reasons why I decided to take on this blog challenge and she is so inspiring, has an open ear for everyone and helps where ever she can. She is a high-end virtual assistant and a youtube vlogger.
Some last words…
Well, that it is. My acceptance speech for the Liebster award 2017, my answers and questions and my nominations. I hope you enjoyed getting to know me a bit better. I did so! Thank you for reading and go and check out my nominations. They are a brilliant blogger and awesome people.
If you have any further questions let me know in the comments.
See you soon!